Afghan FC send Police to relegation

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) played a 0-0 draw in a fixture of the 8th Pakistan Premier Football League 2011 here at Jinnah Stadium, Pakistan Sports Complex on Thursday.

PAF having services of some star national players remained unsuccessful to break down the resilient NBP defence despite domination throughout the match.

It was expected that PAF will earn win but to the utter surprise of a large part of crowd and PAF team management, NBP youngsters put up a defiant and brave show and managed to kept a clean sheet despite a barrage of attacks by the PAF forwards in search of a goal.
PAF completely dominated the first 15 minutes but their strikers let them down by missing two clear-cut goal scoring chances. After the early onslaught NBP boys settled down and created some chances but PAF defend spoiled all of their attempts to score goal.

The first half ended with 0-0. In the second half both teams played fast game but either side defence did not allow scoring goal and the match ended with both teams sharing a deserving point a peace.

In another match played at Govt High School Football Ground, Chaman Afghan Football Club crushed Police 6-0. Thanks Afghan FC hero Jadeed Khan who scored four goals including a hat-trick.

Abdul Hadi open the account for Afghan FC in the 6th minute with a powerful strike right from the edge of the circle and then Jadeed Khan took-over and scored four goals in the 13th minute, Afghan FC finished the first half with 2-0 lead.

Jadeed Khan scored his second goal in the 50th, and completed hat trick in 56th minutes and fourth goal in the 65th minute. Wahab Khan scored the 6th goal in the 77th minute.

The loss condemned Police to relegation as they joined fellow Quetta-side Pak Elektron Ltd (PEL) in the two drop zone spots to play PFF League next year.

In the second division PFF League 2011-12 University FC Faisalabad and Wohaib FC recorded wins at Railway Football Stadium in Lahore. University FC beat Young Blood Sahiwal FC 2-1.

The goals for the winners were scored by Imran Mumtaz (15th min) and Usman Manzoor (84th min) while Awan Raza reduced the margin for the losing side.

Wohaib FC edged past Baloch Quetta FC 1-0 with Mohammad Naeem getting them the deciding goal in the 60th minute.