Pakistan, Lahore, Monday, March 25, 2013
The entire Pakistan national sports fraternity was today traumatized by the sad demise of Masood-ul-Hassan Butt, former Pakistan National Team Captain who died after a long illness on Monday morning. He was 80. From officials to sports fans, from journalists to sport lovers, all are grieved at this devastating news.
According to the press release issued here by Pakistan Football Federation (PFF), President PFF, Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat in his condolence message said that he was deeply shocked on the sad demise of Masood-ul-Hassan Butt. He will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Masood-ul-Hassan Butt was such a kind person, who will be greatly missed by all who knew him. The loss to the sport is irreparable, and it will be very difficult to fill the vacuity created by the passing away of such a great football player of Pakistan at this moment.
Secretary General PFF, Lt. Col. ® Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi T1 (M) also said “I am deeply shocked on the sad demise of Masood-ul-Hassan Butt. He was one of the best sportsmen ever produced by Pakistan. I wish to express my deep sorrow, and sincerely sympathize with his family in this bereaved moment.”
He served National Football Team from 1955 to 1962 as defender. He was a remarkable player. He was actively involved in sports till his death.
1. Captain Pakistan Football Team (1958-59)
2. Player Pakistan Football Team (1955-1963)
3. Sports Board Punjab Coach
4. Chairman Selection Committee of Pakistan Football Team from (1984 to 1986)
5. Represented District, Division, Province and Pakistan football Teams from (1948 to 1968)
6. Publications: Basic Technique of Football and Translate Urdu version of Laws of The Game