K-Electric slump continues with goalless draw [The News]

K-Electric slump continues with goalless draw [The News]

KARACHI: Holders K-Electric seem to lose their ground as they were held to a goalless draw by Chaman’s Afghan FC in their match of the 12th Pakistan Premier Football League here at KMC Stadium on Saturday.

Led by Mohammad Rasool, K-Electric, who need a few consistent wins to consolidate their position, failed to live up to the billing against an inconsistent side of Chaman’s Afghan FC.

“We missed several chances,” K-Electric assistant coach Mohammad Essa told ‘The News’.

“It’s a worrying sign that our frontline is not clicking,” the former Pakistan captain said.

The single point helped K-Electric move to 23 points from 15 outings. Afghan FC stretched their tally to 16 from 15 encounters.

Meanwhile in the other absorbing contest, Karachi Port Trust (KPT) recovered from two goals down to hold Nushki’s Baloch FC 2-2 here at KPT Stadium.

Shayak Baloch provided a much-needed lead to Baloch FC in the 24th minute. Shaista Khan doubled their lead when he struck in the 63rd minute. But KPT, who are always a tough side at their own backyard, fought back, scoring through Arsalan and Shabbir Ullah in the last five minutes to ensure a crucial point.

KPT moved to ten points from 14 matches. Baloch FC stretched their tally to five from 15 games.

KPT coach Fareed Majeed was not happy with the outcome.

“Our keeper disappointed us today. Both times the ball went through the hands of our keeper Sanaullah,” Fareed said.

However, he was happy that at least they got a crucial point.

“I also praise the whole team which fought back strongly, scoring goals in the end. It was a smart comback,” said Fareed, also a former international.

On Sunday (today), Chaman’s Muslim FC will take on Khan Research Laboratories (KRL), Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will meet WAPDA and National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) will lock horns with Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA).

Published in The News, 2 December 2018