Pakistan Police hold KP Green to 1-1 draws in Challenge Cup Soccer [Frontier Post]

Pakistan Police hold KP Green to 1-1 draws in Challenge Cup Soccer [Frontier Post]

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Police held Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Green to a 1-1 goal draw before were down 1-0 at half-time in the group-B match of the ongoing All-Pakistan Shama Challenge Football Cup being played here at Sumbal Khan Football ground, Qayyum Sports Complex on Tuesday.

Former skipper of national team and prominent international footballer Ajiz Ghafoor was the chief guest on this occasion and before the start of the match the players of both Kp Green and Pakistan Police were introduced to him. Organizing Secretary Basit Kamal, Tournament Director (TD) Qazi Asif, officials, players and large number of spectators were also present and witnessed the thrilling match.

The match was started on fast tempo and both KP Green and Pakistan Police played very attacking game by raiding on each other territories with some beautiful moves were also witnessed.

There were goal-fetching attacks as well but the goal-keeper of KP Green and Pakistan Police exhibited classic goal-keeping by thwarting the attacks of the rivals. Hanan, goal-keeper of KP Green and Nadeem of Pakistan Police saved more than three goals for their respective teams and received thundering applause from the sitting spectators.

It was in the 20th minute when center striker Inam slammed in a beautiful goal for KP Green through field attempt. KP Green after taking the lead, kept up pressure to double it but they were failed due to excellent play by Pakistan Police deep defenders and specially goal-keeper Nadeem.

On the other hands Pakistan Police after conceding the goal, managed their position and made some good attacking moves but either the attempts of the front-line were thwarted by KP Green goal-keeper Hanan or it went wide from the goal-post. The first-half was ended with KP Green was leading at 1-0.

It was the second-half when Pakistan Police got full control over the position of the ball by making well combined inroads as a result it was in the 76th minute when center striker Sher Hassan, who is also captain of the team, netted a superb goal to make the tally 1-1.

Both KP Green and Pakistan Police were locked 1-1, their forwards raided on each other defence with good attacking moves but none of them could get any lead and thus the match ended in a draw.

Muhammad Anwar supervised the match while Alliuddin and Abdur Rehman acted as deputy referees while Saleem Khan acted as match commissioner.

Published in The Frontier Post, 5 October 2016