Zesh Rehman Foundation (ZRF) will be hosting an Educational Day in partnership with the Chelsea FC Foundation on Monday 23rd February at Stamford Bridge. The event will take place in the Centenary Suite between 11 am and 3pm.
Sponsored by the Premier League, the Educational Day will be for invited guests only as space is limited, and will prioritise young people and coaches who aspire to a career within professional and community football in any capacity.
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in a number of bespoke educational workshops, delivered by Chelsea Football Club, the Premier League and the Professional Footballers Association, as well as participating in a Q & A session with role models working in various areas of football.
Professionals from across all areas of the game will also be present on the day to pass on their experience and expertise to the young people in attendance. The day-long event will see young people developing the skills and attitudes required to work in football, understanding the routes into a career in football and leaving inspired to pursue their dreams.
Confirmed speakers are:
- John Gregory (Former Aston Villa Manager)
- Danny Cadamarteri (Former Everton Striker & Current Sheffield Wednesday Academy Coach)
- Dr Zafar Iqbal (Former Liverpool FC 1st Team Doctor)
- Rupesh Popat (ZRF & Fulham FC Academy Coach)
- Jason Lee (Professional Footballers Association)
- Paul Nevin (Premier League)
- Irfan Kawri (Wigan FC 1st team opposition scout)
The aims of the day are as follows-
• To raise the profile of ZRF and sharing its achievements
• To highlight the skills sets, attitudes, and experiences required to work in different areas of the game
• To provide a better understanding of how to get into coaching and other areas of the professional and grassroots football
• To connect young people to role models already working within football
To attend please go to http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/zrf-sidelined-2-sidelines-educational-day-tickets-15300124083
The event will also be supported by Kick It Out and the Professional Footballers Association. Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day.