DFA South Championship starts 23 Oct, Malir Championship results

The Karachi DFA South announced plans to hold the District South Football Championship from 23 Oct 2011 onwards at Lyari Football Stadium, near Lyari General Hospital in Karachi. The opening match will be between a DFA South XI and former PPL side Pakistan Steel. Lyari Town administrator Muhammad Raisi will be chief guest for the tournament’s opening.

A total of 37 DFA South A-Division clubs will take part in knockout format championship. FPDC correspondent and veteran journalist Riaz Ahmed has been appointed the media coordinator for the District South Championship by DFA South administration in light of his similar role in the ongoing District Malir Championship. The organisers have vowed to be fully prepared to make this championship a success with cooperation from DFA South clubs.

DFA South president Gulab Baloch, secretary Jan Muhammad Baloch, senior vice-president Allah Bakhsh, Javed Baloch, and congress members Shaban, coach Qayyum et al. have been named as part of the championship organising committee.

The District Malir Football Championship in Karachi saw the results of 6 matches.

Mehfooz XI beat Baloch Fighter 2-0 at Gul Baloch Ground (Kala Board) thanks to goals from Abdul Hafeez and Allah Bakhsh. Al-Shazad Ground (Jam Kunda) saw 2 games decided. Young Shaheen beat Azad XI 4-3 on penalties after 1-1 draw. Saleem scored for Young Shaheen while Mustafa scored for Azad XI in normal time. Baloch Bahar beat Young Baloch Star 3-1 thanks to goals from Maqsood, Muhammad, and Saeed, while Asad Ullah scored for losing side.

Shafi XI Stadium (Quaidabad) also saw the results of 2 matches. Baloch Mujahid FC (Ibrahim Hyderi) beat Janbaz Sports (Landhi) 5-1. Umar Bakhsh (2), Muhammad Hanif, Bilal Raza, and Ghulam Abbas scored for winning side. Baloch FC (Jam Goth) beat Mansehra FC (Landhi) 2-0 thanks to both goals from Chottu. The Korangi Baloch Stadium in Sharafi saw Malir Union awarded a 3-0 walkover after Sabra Baloch (Sharafi) failed to show for match on time.

All winning sides went through to next round. Referees were Abdul Latif Sr., Abdul Latif Jr., Naseer Ahmed, M Arif, and Ahmed Mian.