Karachi Football Round-Up

The All-Karachi Hakeem Khan Mandokhel Memorial Football Tournament saw hosts Sarhad Sports (Malir) beat Mauripur Green 4-3 on penalties to reach the final after a 0-0 scoreline at end of normal time. Sarhad Sports will now face winners of the Karachi Kickers (Korangi) vs National Fighter (Banaras) semi-final. Sarhad Sports had previously beaten another Mauripur team in 8th Karachi Football League runners-up Mauripur Baloch 4-3 in quarter-finals.

The All-Karachi Korangi Baloch Challenge Cup saw 3 games decided in pre-quarter finals stage at Korangi Baloch Stadium in Sharafi. Dilbod Mohammadan (Malir) beat Karachi Kickers (Korangi) 4-3 on penalties, Shazad Mohammadan (Malir) beat Jalal Murad (Malir) 3-0, while Salaar Welfare Centre (Malir) beat Baloch Star (Malir) 2-1 to reach the quarter finals.

Dilbod Mohammadan and Karachi Kickers had finished 2-2 at end of normal time with goals from Mashan (17′) and Ghaffar (74′) for Dilbod, while Abdullah (40′) and Faisal Madani (82′) scored for Karachi Kickers. Dilbod then won on penalties 4-3. Shazad Mohammadan out-classed Jalal Murad 3-0 with a brace from Adil Baloch (12′, 37′) and Muhammad Younis (77′). Salaar WC beat Baloch Star 2-1 with goals from M Asif (62′) and Qadir (82′) with M Ameen scoring for Baloch Star.

The All-Karachi Founders of Baloch Mujahid Football Cup saw 4 matches decided at Baloch Mujahid Stadium in Ibrahim Hyderi. Usmanabad Union, Lucky Men (Landhi), Jam XI (Malir) and Malik Star (Orangi) beat Gul Baloch, Kalri Sports (Lyari), Baloch Star (DFA Central) and Aurora FC (Central) respectively. The winners went through to the next round.

Usmanabad Union thrashed Gul Baloch 3-0 thanks to a superb hat-trick by Sohail Khan with goals in 20th, 52nd, and 53rd minutes. This was the event’s third hat-trick. Lucky Men beat Kalri Sports 1-0 thanks to a 56th minute goal from Muhammad Ali. Jam XI also beat Baloch Star with a 1-0 score thanks to Arif’s 16th minute strike. Malik Star had to over-come Aurora FC 5-4 on penalties after 0-0 tie at end of normal time.

Referees were Iqrar Hussain, Saleem Raja, and Chaudhry Sarfraz, while match commissioner was Najeeb Ahmed Baloch.